Saturday, May 14, 2011

WHY YES, WE WERE COOL (P)

























I'll simply title this picture "The Three Musketeers"...

This picture was taken forty plus years ago... (I can tell because I'm not wearing a wedding ring, who needs carbon dating) On the left is the infamous (L), that's me (P) in the middle and the Paul McCartney look alike (well at least they both play left handed) is the infamous (Nanotweezer) who you'll often see commenting on here...

I was smoking a cigarette, so I must have been cool... (that's a joke, gave them up 35 years ago) Nano was and still is an accomplished musician who tried to teach me to play, but even he couldn't teach a tone deaf, rhythmically challenged (P) to do more than strum a few chords... (thanks for the effort anyway) So a few years later we put capitalism to work and opened a "Head Shop"... (hey, I told you we were cool) (L) should as I'm typing this be on his way back from Tennessee after going to check on his property... He wants to retire there and I want blood work done as I'm not sure we're really brothers, let alone twins... You live in Florida Bro, it doesn't get any better than this... 

Fast forward some forty years and yes, we're still cool... Sadly the Three Musketeers haven't been together all at the same time in anything but Cyberspace in over thirty years, but I'm going to try like hell to remedy that in the not too distant future... We'll see if we can't recreate the photo in an updated form... (that should be special)

A very special thanks to the other (P), (Nano's) wife of 39 years who came across this photo yesterday... Love you both... Oh what the hell, you too Bro...

20 comments:

  1. Hope you can make the reunion work out after all of these years. Great photo! The years do fly by...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great photo indeed! Ugh,the older we get the faster time goes by...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bro,

    I'm back and officially a farmer! More about that later.

    I still wear Bass Weejuns with no socks and in my mind look just as good!

    What I am trying to figure out, is where was that picture taken?

    Lock & Load!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking it was at (Nano's) dads house, the site of so many poker games... I'm basing that on the fact that he's got the pick up on the guitar, which means he's plugged to an amp, which he didn't drag around everywhere... Just a guess, we'll have to let (Nano) fill us in...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have to say YES you guys are cool! Great photo and I too hope you all have a reunion soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks a lot like me in my yute except you guys still had your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. stopsign...
    Being cool is a curse I've had to live with my entire life... Ha Ha..

    Odie...
    Still have all my hair and it's half way to my waist again... I refuse to cut it until we get Obummer out of office... So please, it keeps getting caught in my wheels if it gets too long, so lets get this jerk out in the 2012 election...

    ReplyDelete
  8. From generation to generation, the peer pressure is on to be cool. Some coolness is harmless, or nearly so; other coolness leads to a shortened life or a life of troubles.

    I myself never cared what others thought. I do march to my own drummer and find that I'm not subject to peer pressure. I wonder how I acquired that trait?

    ReplyDelete
  9. AOW...
    I'm not sure you took this in the "tongue-n- cheek" scenario in which it was intended... It's more a brother telling his real brother and his other brother that he loves them...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks (P), we sure had some great times together wayback when. Yeah, I think that picture was at my Dad's house in East Ft. Myers.

    Though I still have my guitars, I rarely play anymore. I still listen a lot to all that great music we heard back then.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've really gotten into Lady GaGa as of late...
    PAUSE.............PAUSE............... Not a chance... There just isn't anyone out there producing music that can hold a candle to our generation... Remember Jimi Hendrix, Buddy Miles and Ian Anderson when we saw them in 1969 in L.A.? Just don't make them like they used to... Yes, I do know the meaning of "whipper snapper?... With age comes a certain understanding of the saying "youth is wasted on the young"...

    ReplyDelete
  12. And I'll say this in massive support:

    You guys are WAAAAY cool!

    BZ

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys do look pretty cool. I wish I could have hung out with you back then. We would have had some fun. I can't get over how much Larry looks like Noah.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh The memories... I love looking at old photos. I hope to see a new photo of the three of you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. BZ...
    I know exactly how old you are (well at least month and year) you could have been one of us... We would have to had a bigger couch...

    Chris...
    I think (N) looks like his dad (L)... (we're very secretive in the bloggaspher) Thanks for stopping by your dad's and crazy uncle's blogg...

    Teresa...
    I'm not sure how we're going make that photo happen, but I'm working on it...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool! Thanks for the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's so cool, and I'm happy you're all pals all these years later!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How great is that! Love the photo. And yes, you're still the coolest kids on the block in my book!

    ReplyDelete