Sunday, November 7, 2010

IT'S OFFICIALLY A DEPRESSION (P)

If the old saying "If your neighbor loses his job, it's a recession, but if you lose your job it's a depression"... It's officially a depression...

God bless you Fuzzy, as this is something that was inspired by your thoughtful inquiry on my last post... This is in no way shape or form an attempt to gain sympathy from anyone, but more of a kicking of myself in the ass and getting on with the task at hand...

The lack of Obama's ability to help this country recover from the downturn in the economy has hit really close to home... I have been blessed to have been employed by a truly wonderful company for the past twenty one years... My two bosses / owners called me into the conference room the end of September and were basically ready to cheat in an effort to keep the company going, as they have poured every last dime of their life's savings into the company over the last three years... They easily could have walked away sitting pretty and left the hundred plus employees hanging, but that is not in these gentlemen's DNA... I myself being a huge follower of Glenn Beck realised that asking these men to somehow compromise their integrity was not the HONORABLE thing to do and HONOR has to be restored in this great country so we can continue to be great... I went home and discussed it with my beloved (T) and came up with this plan of attack... In as much as I'm for the most part, the estimating department for the company, I decided to take enough money out of my 201K (used to be a 401k) to last until the first of the year... I still go into the office every day and estimate trying to secure enough work to not only keep the doors open, but to enable the company to put me back on the payroll... I'm sure that what I am doing is not 100% Kosher, but it's not asking anyone to compensate me off the books... I must say that come the first of the year if things don't improve, I'm going to have to seek employment elsewhere and the knowledge of my leaving the company will not help their chances of survival...

The fact that I'm a 60 year old quadriplegic may have some bearing on my ability to gain employment, but I assure you it won't slow me down in my effort... I have never considered myself handicapped and choose the description "Slightly Inconvenienced" and anyone who knows me knows that I'll never give up or give in... If that were my stile, I'd have done it back in 1987...

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I'm ready to kick some ass and take some names... Our turnout and subsequent victories last Tuesday was a good start, but it's going to take a great deal more than that to get this country back from the edge of the cliff... I truly love what Marco Rubio said, "this was not a mandate for the Republican party, but a second chance"... We need to return to our conservative values... Capitalism and The Free Market System are what made us the greatest country on the planet and a return to it will have the same result...

GOD BLESS AMERICA...

8 comments:

  1. My prayers go out to you on this situation and a big heaping dose of respect, too. God's blessing to you and your employer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I salute you sir. It's time to get this thing turned around and create an enviroment that promotes free market principles and allows the private sector to create wealth. We must stay the course. My thoughts are with you and your employer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bro,

    I was wondering when you would finally let the rest of the world in on your little secret.

    September was not a kind month to either of us twins. My beloved (TL) fell and crushed her left shoulder and had to have total shoulder replacement. She is one of the toughest people I know, but this has been really rough on the most loved person on the planet!

    Thank God she had a skillful orthopedic surgeon and has had great care since. From all accounts from the doctor and the physical therapist she is doing very well. I am taking care of her the best I can, and I think we both appreciate each other just a little more these days.

    As far as the elections are concerned, I think we showed the Dems and "dumBO" they have plenty to fear from the conservative movement that is sweeping the nation. We just need to hold their feet to the fire and not let the Republican establishment get in our way. Viva the Revolution!

    Lock & Load!!!
    Sons & Daughters of Liberty Unite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God Bless you and yours and your employer.

    As you allude to this shit (economy) ain't over yet so all should be very frugal right now and in the unforeseen future. I highly doubt the Bush-era tax cuts will remain which will strangle employers even more so leading to even higher unemployment, numbers that none of us alive have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an amazing man! I'm so blessed to "know" you, and you give me hope, too. Things aren't that wonderful for me, either, and you inspire me more than I can express. God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want thank eveyone for their well wishes and prayers... I've always lived a blessed life and I 'm not about to lose faith in that fact... I remember Mother Dear saying "growing old ain't for sissies" and I'm glad she gave me the "can do" attitude, as this too will pass...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Florida is one of the worst hit places in this "government caused" MAJOR downturn. We don't know how this will finally turn out but I do know that (P)and(L) will keep on keeping on. They don't give up once they set their mind to something.

    The recent elections were great, but only a start in a long process to roll back decades of the liberalism that has so harmed our great country.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly inspirational, and no doubt this is only another slight inconvenience to be dealt with.

    ReplyDelete