Thursday, February 11, 2010

F.U.C.K. ---------- I.T. (P)

Finally Understanding Conservative Knowledge ----------- It's Time...

I've been thinking (wonders never cease) lately exactly what it will take to get the left wing loonies to see the light? The more I ponder the dilemma, the more I realise that we're pissing into the wind... That's why I think we should prepare to take back our country by actions as opposed to rhetoric... I'll be the first to say that I'm guilty as charged when it comes to living beyond my means... For those that aren't aware of my personal situation, I'm a quadriplegic... I was just shy of my thirty seventh birthday when I dove off a boat (stupid is as stupid does) damaging my spinal cord... I never figured I'd live this long, I'll be sixty my next birthday and it appears as if I might have many more years on this planet... In hind sight, I probably should have planned a little better...

Does this scenario sound familiar? We have an administration and congress that are spending as if they don't think they will be around much longer... (hopefully they won't) Their ill conceived notions of spending our way out of this recession while increasing government ranks right up there with diving into unknown water... (actually we know that the water is too shallow) The correction of this course needs to start at the individual level... This may sound foolish, but instead of trickle down economics, how about trickle up responsibility? If each and every one of us take it upon ourselves to practice the conservative values that made this country the greatest nation on the face of the earth, we will prevail... I'm firmly convinced that the road to recovery is going to be rough to say the least, but it is imperative that we start the healing process...

4 comments:

  1. Bro,

    If I've heard you once, I've heard you say a thousand times "If I had known I was going to live so long I'd have taken better care of myself!"

    Well like you I too have lived beyond my means and it is jumping up and biting me in the ass!

    I just read a great book by Dave Ramsey, "The Total Money Makeover." Sure wish I had read it three or four years ago before the total collapse of the housing market and a huge drop in the stock market along with drastic pay cuts. At our age it is indeed scary to think that what we have worked our entire lives for could be snatched out from under us with the blink of an eye!

    I totally agree with your idea of trickle up responsibility! I have a three year plan to be debt free and how I wish that our so called government could come up with a similar plan!

    Lock & Load!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! And I can relate to the spending like I wouldn't be around much longer, too, as I'm sure many of us can. But it's time to get our act together, as a country, and it makes sense that we start with ourselves, take care of our own houses (as you say, conducting our lives via conservative values)

    Lead on, you wonderful Patriot, you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fuzzy, I was afraid I got a little off track with the title and nobody would read the content... Compliments from people of your caliber are graciously accepted and appreciated...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunatly, most loons will never see the light. A few lefties sometimes begin to see it on their own, but usually convincing them is like talking to a brick wall.

    As long as we have excessive taxation we will have excessive spending and excessive corruption. Term limits would also help.

    ReplyDelete