Tuesday, October 6, 2009

COMMIT OR GET OFF THE POT (P)

This is where I would usually say something like "Hi I'm Barack Obama, I'm not really your Commander-N-Chief, but I play one on TV"... There are times for levity and now is not the time... United States service men and women are being killed and that's nothing to laugh about...

Mr. President this is your war, the war you campaigned on... As much as this hurts me to admit, I believe you are right, we need to be in Afghanistan... We also need to be in Iraq, even if that was George W. Bush's war, and you can't stand the fact that "The Surge" worked... What I feel is truly immoral is the fact that you are holding our troops hostage while you try to appease the far left, so as to further your ridiculous health care reform...

In late August, General McChrystal, the man you hired to run this war issued his recommendations for more troops in order to salvage any hopes of winning this war... I know this only because this information was leaked, not because you've taken the time to review it and take appropriate action... This isn't one of your 1,000 plus page bills, it's a 66 page recommendation from your commanding general in the field... Perhaps you might pay more attention were it written by the Apollo Alliance or SEIU...

Mr. President this is obscene, our troops are dying, COMMIT OR GET OFF THE POT!!!
War is hell, but engaging in a war that you won't pledge your 100% support to is immoral at best...

No comments:

Post a Comment