When it comes to affecting change in our country I'm often asked, "what can I do, I'm just one person?"... It is this attitude that got us in the mess we're in and I for one, know that when one person makes up their mind to affect change, they can do just that... The name George Soros comes to mind... This is why we must not think that just because we had relatively good results in the last election that everything is fine... One way we can keep the ball rolling is by writing our elected officials reminding them that they work for us and should reflect our wishes in their votes on Capital Hill... Our 9/12 group http://www.meetup.com/CC-912-Project/ is among many other things, continuing our letter writing campaign... The following is an example of a letter written by one of our members concerning the "Dream Act"... Please feel free to copy and send this letter or pick your own topic and write about it...
November 19, 2010
Please vote NO on the DREAM Act, S. 3827. This Act stands in direct opposition to the wishes of a huge majority of American voters – voters like me who have most recently voiced our opinions, exercised our rights, lived up to our responsibilities by voting and have thrown out legislators who, for the last few years, have been stomping on the will of the people and kicking the Constitution when it’s down! My objections to this Act are many. I feel strongly that it must be defeated.
• S. 3827 is not limited to amnesty for children, only one amendment limits the age to 35.
• Act incentivizes “chain migration”, creating untold numbers of legal immigrants who initially came here illegally.
• Act will require funding for implementation from taxpayers, including legal immigrants, instead of fees from the applicants.
• Act protects any illegal alien who applies regardless of illegitimacy of the application.
• Act makes criminal illegal aliens eligible for amnesty.
• Act gives illegal aliens in-state tuition and other federal funding benefits.
• Act does not require military service; a legal path to citizenship is already in place for the military.
• Act prevents DHS from using information gathered during the application process to initiate removal proceedings or investigation and prosecution of fraud by those whose applications are denied.
Senator, please, carefully consider the implications and ramifications, consequences, both intended and unintended, of this nightmare bill.
Please vote NO on the DREAM Act that most Americans see as a violation of the basic tenets of our Constitutional Republic and our founding principles.
Thank you for your service to our country.
Your American Constituent,
Your Street address
Your City, State & Zip
IF NOT YOU, WHO? IF NOT NOW, WHEN?
NOT RACIST... NOT VIOLENT... JUST NO LONGER SILENT...